Ready to take your chicken salad to the next level?
I’m with you! I had never thought about adding avocado to chicken salad, but I keep stumbling upon these recipes so, of course, I had to try it out. What could go wrong when you mix together avocado, chicken, and bacon?!
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup of celery
- 6 slices of Bacon
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup red onions
- 1/4 cup of celery
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
This will take no time to assemble and might be one of the fastest and easiest dishes I have tried in a long time!
- Shred the chicken with a fork.
- In a big mix, add in the shredded chicken, avocados copped up, chopped up bacon, onion, celery, olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice
How to serve Avocado Chicken Salad:
You’ve got a couple of options here!
- Salda on Salad: Have the chicken salad on top of a bed of spinach and some croutons for a fun twist
- Wrap it up! Tortillas and I like to add in some chopped up tomatoes for and extra flavor
- DIP time: Dip a little chicken salad on a cracker and eat it like a dip.
- Your Fork: That’s right – just go at it with a fork. No shame, friends.- this makes a fun and easy snack!
Frequently Asked Questions
See a Registered Dietitian with Nourish
- Covered by insurance
- Virtual sessions
- Personalized care