Eating for diabetes doesn’t have to be complicated!
By using these simple tips, you can learn how to create an eating plan that is good for your body and help to manage your blood sugar.
What Should You Actually Eat?
Knowing what to eat can be confusing. Everywhere you turn, there is news about what is or isn’t good for you. But a few basic tips have withstood the test of time. Regardless of what cuisine you prefer, here are a few basic ideas to make sure your body and blood sugar are in check.
- Fruits and vegetables
- Lean meats
- Plant-based sources of protein
- Whole grains
- Calcium-rich foods
How to Put a Meal Together for Diabetes Management?
Putting together a meal will be easier with understanding what you need to make a balanced plate. Let’s look at this like you would a math problem.
- A + B + C + E =
- Carbohydrates + Protein + Fat + fruit/ veggies = BALANCED MEAL
- 2 corn tortillas + 1 scrambled egg + shredded cheese + pico de gallo = balanced breakfast tacos
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread + sliced turkey + mayo + tomatoes slices + an apple = balanced lunch
- 1 cup of whole grain pasta + 1 c Italian Ground Beef tomatoes cause + side salad = balanced dinner
Keys To Unlock Your Diabetes
To help you unlock the keys to your diabetes doesn’t have to be complicated when you follow these simple and easy tips. Also, keep in mind you don’t have to be perfect every day when you are working towards balancing your diabetes. Some days you will be doing wonderful and following all these tips, and other days you might not. That’s perfectly fine, it’s part of being a normal eater.
See a Registered Dietitian with Nourish
- Covered by insurance
- Virtual sessions
- Personalized care